Friday, January 6, 2012

Can I get 5 and a quarter.... what do you say now 5 and a quarter.... SOLD!

Last night Kacie, Russell, and myself experienced our first home furnishings auction! It was quite the experience and just like the movies!

There's a place near the Galleria in Houston called Morton Kuehnert Auctioneers and Appraisers. It's off Richmond Ave. Theirs an auction every Thursday starting at 7. And each Tuesday night before the auction, you can go online to view the products.

I did just that and saw a few pieces I liked. So we all built up the courage to go. We decided if nothing else, it would be a neat experience! And it was!

We started the night off by looking at the products up stairs. A few of the pieces I had fell in love with online were not what I had envisioned in person so we nixed those. There were a few pieces left that Russell found and the chairs I fell in love with! We sat down to get ready for bidding and Russell pointed out that we weren't even facing the Auctioneer. WOW! We're not newbies at all!! :) So we chanced seats to see all the action and get ready to raise that paddle.

Finally, lot number 172.... our first piece of interest! Russ was the official paddle raiser cause Kacie wouldn't do it! And neither would I. SOLD- to paddle number 70!!! The hutch was ours! If only every buying experience was that easy. Now onto lot number 194. 2 Beautiful Louis XVI armchairs. OMG I'm so nervous at this point. Kacie and I are giggling and Russell is refusing to raise the paddle b/c he doesn't like them. Auctioneer: "any interest in these chairs.... finale chance...." Finally I look at RP and say "HURRY RUSSELL". One swift move of the arm and their OURS! "SOLD".

That easy! This could be addicting. Seriously. Auctions are fun. Anytime you're in the area I encourage you to go. It doesn't costs anything (unless you bid) and they serve hors d'oeuvres, coffee, and drinks. It's free entertainment for 2 hours. Good date night!


No comments:

Post a Comment