Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bonjour!

Oh what I would give for this to me be...

If you know me (or at least looked at my blog a few times) than you know for whatever reason I have an obsession with all things French. Style, music, language, food, people, landscape and most of all- FRANCE itself! 

The French don't know how lucky they are to live in such an iconic place. Even the most boring places like court houses and libraries have a classy touch to it like CoCo Chanel came in and designed the space. I mean seriously, it's ridiculous how much good stuff is around them.

Anyway, what I like most about this picture is she's in the middle of all the hustle and bustle however, she's far enough away to just sit and breathe and take it all in. (And she's in a cute dress and hat!)

Have you ever been so caught up in the nonsense that you forget to just breathe and sit in silence and enjoy little things? It's harder than you think. No phone, no computer, no music, nothing. Just sitting on a bench outside, on your porch, in a park, wherever, and just listening to the wind, trees, birds, etc.  

Today I feel like doing just that. Sitting in silence. Too bad I don't have an Eiffel Tower to stare at. Guess the Texas skies will have to do. So today when I get home, I am going to sit there. Outside with a glass of wine and watch the clouds go by. 

The only thing that could make this better is if a storm rolled in. And I somehow magically appeared in Paris. But until then, Houston will have to make due. 

Au revoir!


No comments:

Post a Comment